Canon launches the EOS-1D X, an integration between the EOS 1D and 1Ds product lines. This integration realizes Canon’s vision of combining shooting speed and image quality into a single form factor.
The EOS-1D X is capable of a record-breaking continuous shooting speed of 12 frames-per-second, making it the world’s fastest full-frame DSLR, powered by the new Dual DIGIC 5+ image processor. A summary of other key features include:
- 18.1MP full-frame (35mm) sensor
- Image noise control improved by 2 stops
- Next generation high-density reticular 61-point AF system
- New shutter unit with carbon fibre shutter blades promises 400,000 shutter count
- Advanced EOS Movie features for better compatibility with video production workflows
- Dust-proof and drip-proof magnesium alloy body, with new carrier wave-based dust removal system