You must be saying… WHAT?! Tech65 is giving away more stuff?! Yes, that’s right. This time round we are giving away TWO copies of Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac. If you don’t already know, Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac allows you to run Windows, Linux, and other operating systems side-by-side with your Mac OS X.
Anyway, here are the details of how to get it. Just comment on this blog post or send us an email (65bits AT tech65 DOT org) telling us you want it. It’s as simple as that. We’ll randomly choose 2 lucky people to receive Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac. This giveaway ends on Friday, 17th September 2010.
By the way, this giveaway is only available for people residing in Singapore.
Here’s more information about Parallels Desktop 5:
- Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac enables more than 2 million users to run Windows, Linux and other operating systems side-by-side with Mac OS X
- According to performance research conducted by Crimson Consulting Group, Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac performs 22% faster than the nearest Windows-on-Mac competitor in standard productivity testing of Windows 7 64-bit on a MacBook Pro.
- In addition, version 5 is up to 300% faster for virtual machine operations than the previous version. For 3D and graphics performance, tested under the industry standard 3Dmark 2006 Professional test suite the new version performs up to 7 times better.
- There are more than 70 new features in Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac, many of which give users the flexibility to work in the way they want. Users can choose how much or little Windows they want to see, from running Windows in Full Screen mode where Windows completely covers the Mac user interface to the new Crystal view mode which makes Windows completely disappear
- Users can even get a Mac-like experience in their Windows applications, using the intuitive Apple Trackpad Gestures technology to pinch, swipe, and rotate as they do in Mac applications.
- 7 times better graphic performance for games and 3D applications than the previous version with Direct X 9Ex with Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.1 support