Microsoft says they’re a platform company. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? And what it the iPhone’s impact on the rest of the smartphone industry and what makes them so succesful? These are just some of the thought provoking discussions that we have in this week’s relatively shorter but heavier episode of 65bits. Plus we discover NTT’s opinion on fancy IM features, and how he just doesn’t get what kids like these days.
– Daniel, NTT, Farinelli
Stories this week
[02:45] The Microsoft discussion, a discussion after a visit to Microsoft’s HQ.
– [03:00] Windows 7 – Our Gear65 episode
– [06:05] What’s “Windows Cloud”, not to be confused with Windows Live (Officially known as Windows Azure) or Microsoft Online
– [07:35] What’s going on with Windows Live
– – [08:00] Cool trick in Live Messenger: Video Avatars
– [10:15] MS Singapore working on specific frameworks in next Windows Mobile – Location Based platform. Will it ever happen?
– [16:00] Microsoft as a platform company – are they compromising the wrong things?
[19:50] The Dell Adamo – the slimmest notebook in the world today. Even we think so.
[25:05] The iPhone 3.0 – What Apple should have done in the first place
– [28:25] iPhone 3.0, what Apple is doing (post by Daniel and Jerrick)
– [28:55] Implications on the Palm Pre
– [30:15] Apple’s iPhone, the phone that developers hate to love and love to hate
– [33:15] HTML5 – what used to be Palm Pre’s strength is now Android’s, iPhones and Windows Mobile‘s extra feature
[38:05] Social Media… uhh… Breakfast ( in New York time…) 6
– Catch Daniel who is going to be one of the panelists of the event
[39:25] Byte of the Week: TwitterFall